Something I ran across the other day is that the default content index for Portal Content has an exclusion in it so that it won’t search the actual pages of the Portal. If you have content editor web parts, or other content that you want to make sure that SharePoint does index, you’ll want to go into SharePoint and remove the exclusion for pages. You can follow these steps to remove the exclusion
- Open the SharePoint Portal Server site
- Click on Site Settings
- Click Configure search and indexing
- Click Manage Content Indexes
- Hover over Portal Content, drop down the menu arrow that appears on the right, and select Edit.
- Click Manage rules to exclude and include content
- Find the entry in the list which is http://yourserver/*.aspx, hover over it, drop down the menu arrow that appears on the right, and select Delete.
The next time the portal content index is refreshed you’ll start getting content from the web part pages as well.
No comment yet, add your voice below!