This how to describes the process for copying a web part.
- Open a SharePoint site.
- Make sure you’re in Shared Mode.
- Enter design mode
- On the web part to copy, click the down arrow on the right and select export.
- Save the file on your system
- Go to the site where you want the control added
- Enter Shared Mode
- Select Add Web Parts-Import
- Browse to the file and click import
- Drop the web part on the page.
You’ve now copied a web part from one web page to another. Note that this won’t work for ListViewWebParts or ListFormWebParts.